Born in Ibaraki prefecture, Japan in 1983, Tomita graduated in Fine and Applied Arts from the Kyoto University of Art & Design in 2012, then completed a master’s degree in oil painting at Tokyo University of the Arts in 2015. Tomita has attracted attention for his paintings that use thick layers of oil paint to depict suburban scenes, the facades of stores without tenants, and young people without regular jobs. Tomita presented a solo exhibition in 2015 as part of the Project N series at Tokyo Opera City Art Gallery, and the same year received the Founder’s Award in the CAF Art Awards from the Contemporary Art Foundation. He is currently one of the most exciting young artists in Japan’s art scene.
- Art Fair Tokyo 2023
- ART 021 2020 online PLATFORM
- Naoki Tomita: Solo exhibition "ripples" at Tsunagi Museum, Kumamoto
- Naoki Tomita: Takahashi Collection ─ Face and Abstraction
- Gallery participates ART021 SHANGHAI art fair
- Tomita Naoki participates "CAF ART AWARD -Selected Group Exhibition-"
- Naoki Tomita at HOTEL ANTEROOM KYOTO